Gravity Forms WordPress Pluginon March 23, 2018
With Gravity Forms, you can create almost any type of form, including user surveys, polls, file upload forms, support requests, online orders, quizzes, and questionnaires. Thanks to the rich text editor field, even fully formatted WordPress post submissions are accepted by Gravity Forms.
Through its configuration settings, you get a great deal of control over how users can interact with your forms and how form entries are handled. These options cover who receives form entry notifications and in what format, the ability to set the availability of forms according to date, user role, or the number of entries received, and much more.
The conditional logic feature of Gravity Forms plays a large part in making this one of the most powerful WordPress form solutions. Conditional logic can be used to determine which form fields are displayed to a user based on the values entered in previous fields. By using conditional logic you can also enable advanced routing of form entries, helping to ensure messages are delivered to the right department or team member depending on the contents of the form information.
We’ll look at the user experience in the next section of our Gravity Forms review, but first let’s take a quick look at what else this plugin has to offer.
Some of the best features of Gravity Forms include:
- an intuitive drag-and-drop form builder interface
- thirty-three form fields
- the ability to create multi-page forms with save-progress buttons
- the ability to control form availability by date or number of entries
- the ability to route entries to specific email addresses based on form contents
- support for creating multiple form entry notifications
- the ability to use conditional logic to control which form fields are displayed and where form entries are sent
- the ability to accept WordPress post submissions through front-end WYSIWYG-enabled forms
- the ability to create WordPress website user account registration forms
- optimization of forms for mobile devices
- an invisible anti-spam honeypot to reduce form spam
- a selection of official and third-party free and commercial add-ons.
Before we explore the all-important Gravity Forms user experience, let’s take a look at some of those features in more detail.